Tuesday, September 12, 2017

When You Get Drop Kicked By The Spirit


Time is going wayyy fast...
Hi GUYS!!
This is going to be a nice short and sweet group email. 
Me and Elder Crowther are staying nice and busy.We have been running all over the place this week which is good!

I want to talk about Louise. She is one of our investigators from Taiwan who knows her stuff quite well. She read the whole Book of Mormon in like 3 weeks which is insane... We just met with her on Saturday and she said she knows it's the word of God. She is hoping to be baptized this Saturday!! We only have one more lesson to teach her and her interview, so keep her in your prayers!

I am almost at 10 months on the mission now which is still young but not. Time is going at a very very fast rate and it's freaking me out! When you stay busy you don't even know how fast time goes! 

My Chinese is doing quite well. Well, granted it is Chinese... But I can communicate with just about everyone now so that is awesome! We have been working a lot with our members more to find whose is prepared. We are hoping to meet with a few families so that will be very exciting!!

Hope you all have a great week!
Pics:
1. Pic right before we came to email.
2. Pic with me and Elder Gulbranson while we are emailing! Because I procrastinate on pictures! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Elder Crowther, Elder Gulbranson & Ben

This week Ben went into more detail about his teachings with Shanon. 
In Ben's words, "I have been teaching Shanon since I got to Eastvale, maybe even before that-ya since May. She knows literally EVERYTHING about the gospel-EVERYTHING! She has a son serving a mission in Boston right now and she 100% knows this church is true, but she is just scared to be baptized. We met with her and taught her the first lesson again and she knew EVERYTHING! So I asked her, Shanon do you know that Joseph Smith is a prophet? She says, "Well ya, of course!" Then we start going on this crazy train and start talking about baptism again. She says to us, "Guys, don't worry. I am going to China for a month. When I get back I will be baptized, I promise."  I think to myself, Oh that is only a month, so no problem. Then...I can't express this to you because it is impossible to express the spirit, I pretty much got gut punched by the spirit that said, "You need to tell her right now that she needs to be baptized before she leaves for China or she will never be baptized."  I have argued with her on her baptism a lot and I thought I do not want to say that. But I get another very distinct feeling again that if I don't tell her and she doesn't get baptized then it will be my fault not hers. So I tell her. I say it to her. She looks at me for a long time and says, "Hmm...Thank you Elder Nelson, I appreciate that. I will pray about that and get back to you." Then Elder Crowther jumps in and says, "No! I just got the same prompting as Elder Nelson at the same time. You need to be baptized before you go or I promise you may never get baptized." Now this is why it is so important that there are 2 of us. 
She sits there for a few minutes and her eyes start to tear up and I think, "Hey, we got through to her." She says to us, "Thank you guys. I really will pray about it and get back to you."
I love how Ben goes on to talk about how strong that prompting was from the spirit. He says he could not lie and that it was one of the strongest prompting he has had so far in the mission field and the fact that it came to both him and Elder Crowther at the same time is just a testament of how God speaks through the spirit. 

Annie is another investigator they have been teaching. She has been baptized, but she doesn't really know much. She has a huge desire and that is all Ben needs. He talks about Alma 32 saying that all someone needs is a desire and that is enough for him to help get her started. So they have been reteaching her and in Ben's words she is a "BEEAST!! (insert burly voice) She keeps inviting all her non-member friends to English class and church and then keeps inviting all of them to be baptized. 

Ben and Elder Crowther have stayed so busy lately teaching recent converts and they absolutely ♥LOVE♥ it! Hearing his excitement for all these people they are teaching and their progression makes my whole heart happy! 😊 


Luau BBQ-Elder Porazzo, Ben, 
Elder Crowther, Elder Gulbranson


No comments:

Post a Comment