Monday, September 18, 2017

Sorry Guys...All We Have Is A BOM & Pics Of Jesus


More than just a Miracle!!
Well to start off this week I would like to talk about something that wasn't exactly a miracle!
Me and Elder Crowther got robbed on Tuesday which was supppppper cool! We came out to our car in the morning and we noticed that Elder Crowther's door was open. We look inside the car and it was torn to shreds. Little did he know missionaries are way poor and all we have is Book of Mormons and pictures of JESUS! 😁 However, he did nab my GPS, USB's and our gas cards! Then to make it even better he took our garage clicker. They proceeded to get in the garage and steal Elder Crowthers bike!!! Great way to start the week! However we endured our trials with patience and moved on!

This is when the miracle happened for the week. We have been meeting with our investigator by the name of Shanon for a very long time. I have mentioned her in some of my emails as she has progressed over the months. We have been meeting with her every single week since the start of May! We had already taught her everything and were trying to resolve her concerns about baptism.
She had informed me at the end of one her lessons recently that she will be heading to China soon and will get baptized when she gets back...
"Then the spirit smacked me and Elder Crowther upside the face and told us to say. You need to be baptized before you leave for China or you never will be." I couldn't deny the prompting so I told her what I was feeling and she shrugged it off a little and said, "I think I will be OK, but thank you." Then Elder Crowther said "I'm getting the same impression he is! You need to be baptized before you leave or you never will." Then it kind of hit her since both of us had said it. She thought for a moment and said, "I need to pray about it."
We left quite worried and hoped all would work out for Shanon.
So jumping to the most recent time we met with her, we followed up on her prayer and were in fact ready to counter her saying she didn't get an answer, but instead she was different. She asked what the process to be baptized was. We explained everything that needed to be done, then she said quote-"I can't get baptized this week but I can next week." I about lost my mind! I had been rejected by her more times than I can count. We both were so excited and frankly super surprised with her statement! Shanon is very excited for her baptism this week, maybe almost as excited as us! We know that was only God that could've changed her mind and we're so excited for her!!

Thank you for all the prayers. There are miracles if you truly look for them!
Pictures:
1. Picture with a stud.
2. Multi zone pictures! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Ben, Elder Crowther
Multi Zone Pic (Elder Gulbranson's face is my personal favorite 😉)

Ben talked a little more about their car being robbed and it is HILARIOUS when it is in his own words. Pretty much the same as the email that he sent out except adding in that being robbed was "SUPER DOPE"😠(insert sarcastic tone), and he was "SUPER PISSED"😡 but they felt like it was a test to see if it would affect their attitudes and all the good things that are taking place so they decided to not let it get them down. 

Ben's whole focus right now is on Shanon, who they have been working with FOREVER, and he is just so excited for her baptism this next Sunday! Woo Hoo!😁

Funny story of the week: "So I am helping one of the ladies at English class role play and all of a sudden she opens up her shirt and whips out her breast and starts feeding her baby in front of me. Kinda tripped me sideways. I was just talking to her and I was not ready for that. I kinda turned into a 5 yr old, so that was great!"😂😂


I ♥LOVED♥ putting this package together for him! 


I was DYING of laughter over that story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment