Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Fortune Cookie Message That Actually Came True

Handwritten Letters will NEVER go out of style

We live in a day and age where technology makes everything so easily accessible and instant.  I love that I am able to receive a weekly email from Ben and to have him respond, even for a moment makes my heart leap. But I must admit, I turn into a giddy school girl when I open up the mail and I see a handwritten letter from him.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the smell of the paper, or sometimes his smell that comes through. It could be seeing HIS handwriting on those pages. I do know I see Ben. I can hear him in the words. It is indescribable the feeling of comfort those letters give to me. To know in his busy schedule he took the the time to sit down and share his words and thoughts makes me feel so cared about. 
It's weird to think that with such instant gratification in most things I genuinely miss the anomaly that handwritten letters have become. I truly hope that it doesn't disappear all together for what a sad day that would be. 

In this recent letter- Ben shares a funny story:

"Yesterday being Friday the 15th, we were eating at Panda before English class. The lady asked if I wanted to donate to Hurricane Harvey. At first I said no, but then felt bad and put a dollar in, Elder Crowther ended up putting no money in. I was giving him crap about not donating, just messing around. Then he opened his fortune cookie and it said something around the lines of "You will lend a hand to someone in need." I LOST IT! I was laughing so hard. So he went and put a dollar in and I said, "Watch...because you donated that dollar we will find 4 new people to teach tonight." 
We headed off to teach a recent convert lesson to our AWESOME member Annie. She has helped us so much. We taught her right before English class started. We then ended up teaching 4 new people...3 of her friends and her daughter! So that was awesome and it all started with a fortune cookie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment