Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Use Your Hands To Serve


My P-day is still on Monday, I promise.

Hey everyone!!!
So first off we couldn't email Monday because of Labor day. Then on Tuesday we had to go to another missionaries area for the whole day! So now I'm coming to you guys on a Wednesday.

However this week nothing too crazy has been happening. Crazy that you can actually have a normal week every now and then LOL.😊
I do want to talk about Louise, one of our super smart investigators. She has been pounding the Book of Mormon. We met with her on Saturday and she had read over 100 pages in such a small time frame. She said that she would be moving on the 21st.... so she asked what the process to be baptized is. We explained all that we need to teach and what needs to be done. She is now planning on being baptized on Saturday the 16th! 
We met again with her on Sunday since we need to teach her a lot. She read from like Alma 30 through the end of 3rd Nephi- In one day! That is a lot to read! She said she knows it's the word of God and will bless her!! We are very excited for her and expect great things from her!

Other than that, we are still working with many others. We have lots of people to work with and are staying very busy! 

Time goes fast when you are learning CHINESE!!
Elder Nelson 孙长老

 "My mom has been asking for Tag pics so... here you go" 😉

Service with the Jurupa Zone

I realize that when most people hold up a camera and say, "Smile everyone", that is what most people do and you can look happy. The difference between those quick fake smiles and the ones I see here on these kids, is that they look genuinely happy to be serving. You can see a glow in their faces and their countenances that shines through in these pictures. How grateful I am for these smiles and these valiant young men and young women to remind us that service to our fellow men really is the only way to bring "true" happiness.💗  



Whenever I see a letter from Ben it makes my ♥heart♥ leap for joy, but it is even better when it is one for my BIRTHDAY! 😁The sweetest words were said to me, tears were shed before I even started reading and many more when I was finished. One of my FAVORITE presents this year for sure! 

One of my FAVORITE things that Ben says at the end of every recording is:
"Don't worry Mom, I am loving the mission. Please keep in your prayers. You are all definitely in mine."
That's my boy! He knows I need the reassurance that he is OK and happy. And I LOVE that my kids can hear that he is praying for them everyday. 

Favorite Quote for the week: "Mom, my Chinese is doing AMAZING! I can pretty much communicate with anyone now. I mean obviously I can't talk about Donald Trump all day, but if it's anything church related, I definitely can!" 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment