Thursday, March 2, 2017

Don't Count The Days, Make The Days Count!

So last week when Ben hit his 100 days on the 28th I sent him a package filled with funny things like, 100-100 Grand candy bars and 100 M&M's and 100 Chocolate Popcorn pieces, things like that. I know it's not a good thing for a missionary to be focused on the number of days they have been out, but I just wanted to send him something that would brighten up his week, like candy! 😀 He told us in his email that he had not even realized he has been out that long which when I read that made me smile. That means by boy is focused and working hard at being on the Lord's errand. I it! 

Here is his email:

I've Been Here 100 Days...
Nihao Pengyoumen!

Wow I can't begin to express how fast time is going, it is actually insane! 
This week has been hard but very gratifying. Me and Elder Willes have been working our butts off to improve our area. We've been talking to everyone and not being scared to talk about anything!
We currently have 2 people we're teaching, Han Dixiong and Hang Dixiong (super similar last names, lol) and about 5 Potentials. So ya- good week in the mission!
Sadly, Elder Zeng leaves this week. We've had some crazy memories together and he is going to kill it back in China! Elder Willes will finish my training and we're going to slay this area lol.
Today we went hiking super early. It was really cool! I will drop some sweet pics down below so you will all have some eye candy ;). Times going fast and my Chinese is getting better everyday. Keep me in your prayers, you guys are for sure in mine!
Love you all
P.S. Go checkout my moms sweet blog of my mission it looks super cool!! benn-ha-mean.blogspot.com
孫長老 Sun Zhanglao! ​

Elder Nelson

So I have to say- the little shout out for the blog made me tear up. Before Ben left I told him I would like to do a blog and keep a record of all his adventures. He gave me the typical teenage annoyed look followed with, "Mom, please don't do that!" Now... I receive emails with so much gratitude for the record I am keeping for when he gets home! 
Ben sent us a separate email this week with a lot of the same info but a little more detail. 

So not too much happened this week other than as you know I hit my 100 days!!! Ya, I actually didn't even know that til you sent me that package lol! I've been told not to count days or it goes slower, so I took the advice. 
Elder Willes and I are sick and tired of this area kicking our butts so we have worked extremely hard this week! We have been walking on an average of about 4 hours a day finding potentials. Right now we have about 5 that we are setting up appts. We are currently teaching 2 people by the names of Huang Dixiong (Brother Huang) a.k.a Mike and Han Dixiong. Both are amazing people and we're hoping to get them on a date asap! Overall, a successful week! 
Elder Zeng leaves in about an hour from now which is straight buns but we have had many awesome experiences and I can't believe it's already been a full transfer! Time is going by so fast I can't even express. 
Elder Willes was called to be a District Leader so he will have to go on exchanges which leaves me alone to speak Chinese in my area which is super scary! My Chinese is doing pretty good, but man is it a hard language! I've been working my butt off day in and day out to improve. I can go back and forth with most people as long as Elder Willes is there to fill in the gaps- lol. 
This week I met a man who told me "religion is of the devil" and he explained why for about 50 mins. That was an interesting experience. We have a lot of people who love to try and save you, its quite entertaining! 
Today we woke up at 5:30 and went hiking. That was a miracle in itself. 
Love you tons and so glad to hear everything is going good at home! You guys are forever in my prayers!
Elder Nelson

Ben, Elder Zeng, Elder Willes, Elder Phister and Elder Mounts on their hike to look out over Riverside!




No comments:

Post a Comment