Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Irish Blessings



These past few weeks have really been a struggle for Ben and Elder Willes trying to find those people that are interested in hearing the Gospel. They have been working so hard, praying and doing everything they can to stay positive and trust that the Lord would bless them.  I always worry about Ben for numerous reasons (I think that comes with the territory of having a missionary) but I wanted so badly to hear that they were finding some success in their efforts and this week...THEY DID! 😁
The one thing that has brought me comfort reading his emails was even though they have been having a hard time, Ben has always followed it up with, "Mom, it's going to work out." or "It's all good. We will just continue to work as hard as we can and we will be blessed." He has stayed so full of faith and confidence that they will succeed. It really has been an inspiration to me in so many ways! 

From Ben:

Bless Up!
Nihao!

WOWOW!
This week has been so AMAZING guys, I can't even begin to express how grateful I am! The Lord has blessed us so much. We went from 1 investigator to 6 and 2 with a baptismal date! They are all super solid and keeping their commitments! 
My Chinese is doing great and I can understand about 90% of the lessons and I can teach them comfortably. I know that the Lord had blessed me with the "gift of tongues"  this week! 
English class is also doing really well. Pretty much every investigator we have comes to the class which is really cool because we always try to sneak in a spiritual lesson too. 😉 
Another sweet thing this week is I went to Spanish Land. I spent the day there where I couldn't understand a word that was being said. 😁 I was with Elder Sanchez who had to solo about 6 lessons while I sat there wondering why it is 100° in March!
The week was great and I'm so grateful for how much the Lord has blessed me! 
A quick spiritual thought: I have been pounding through the New Testament and I just read Luke 12. Awesome chapter, I highly recommend you read it! 
But I really like verse 32 which says: "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Fathers good pleasure to give you the kingdom." 
This is a good reminder to all of us that our Heavenly Father is really rooting for us. Stay faithful and be worthy of revelation.

Wo Ai Nimen 

Elder Nelson
孫長老

Shout out to Elder Willes GF for the St. Patty's swag!

So I wanted to send Ben a "Greenie" package which worked out PERFECT with it being the week of St. Patrick's Day! 

And... you can't send a "Greenie" package without sending a package to his trainer. So we sent Elder Willes a "Treat Your Trainer" package filled with all sorts of yummy things to say a BIG THANK YOU for helping to train our son! 
He got it!

Love the 😀smiles on these boys faces. And look at those tans they are both working on. 

Ben helping Elder Sanchez in the Spanish area







No comments:

Post a Comment