Wednesday, March 8, 2017

And Then There Were 2...



Time To Shine
Nihao!
Another great week in the mission field! Elder Willes and I have been working are butts off! This week has been super crazy and super successful! 
First: we said goodbye to my favorite Asian, Elder Zeng (my trainer). He headed back to Asian land (China) on Monday. I miss that little guy, but I know he is on to BIGGER and BETTER things! I'll drop a ton of pics of our final beautiful moments together down below! 😀 I also had to say goodbye to Elder Mounts. He is a stud muffin and going to kill it in his new area!

Second: We have been tearing up this area daily and working super hard so the Lord can bless us with some new investigators- and He has!
We have 2 new investigators and about 16 potentials that have appointments set up throughout the week! Please keep us in your prayers because you guys are for sure in mine 😉. My Chinese is also growing and improving so much. I can contact pretty much on my own, and hold conversations comfortably! So ya, another great week on the mission, I
hope you all had an awesome week as well!
Here are some sweet pics from the week!

Wo Ai Nimen!
孫長老 Sun Zhanglao (Elder Nelson)​​​​​​​​​​




In Ben's recording he told us that one of the BEST features that comes as a missionary is BEING TIRED! 😂 He was worried about not being able to fall asleep with the adjustment of mission life, new state and schedule etc... but has found that he can crash as soon as his head hits the pillow. He says hopefully God hears missionaries prayers, even when they have fallen asleep 1/2 way through. 😀
Ben had the opportunity to participate in what they call a "blitz". It's where they get together with a bunch of Elders and Sisters to help the missionaries in that area to find referrals. They were able to find 2 which was great! 
Ben has finished the BOM again, which he loves and has now started reading the New Testament. He is really excited to start expanding his knowledge of the Bible and is hoping it will help connect with people in a different way. His words were: "Mom, my gospel knowledge has EXPLODED since being out in the field and I am LOVING it!"
One thing Ben shared with us was how awkward it is at first to have people stare at you like you have a horn in the middle of your head. He said: "When I first got out here everyone would stare at you. It use to drive me insane. We serve on campus so everyone is pretty much our age. They look at you like you're a complete idiot because here we are in white shirts and suits and they are dressed normal. We're missionaries so we already stick out but dressed this way we get a lot of looks. It use to really bug me but one thing about serving a mission, it locks your self esteem. After awhile you just don't notice or care. I have had so many things said and done to me, a lot of it I don't want you to know or worry, but I just don't care. I figure it makes for fun mission stories and if anything it strengthens your testimony."
Ben has fallen completely in love with the people in Riverside and you can hear in his voice how much he cares for them and the heartache he feels when they don't want to be taught or they start the lessons and then they change their minds.
They did meet a guy named Jay who is a science major. He expressed to them that everything they are teaching goes against all that he is learning for his future profession, but he is willing to try. He attends their English class every now and then and they have become fast friends. Jay talked to them about a concern he has that they would be mad at him if he decided not to continue and he would lose their friendship. Ben told us that Jay doesn't have many friends which for Ben this mission is not about numbers, it's about people so of course they would still be friends. They happened to contact him one night and found that he was reading their pamphlet that they gave to him. Ben is pretty excited to see how things progress with Jay and has asked that we pray for them and for him. Ben is right, another great week in the mission field!

Ben and Elder Willis in matching ties. Totally by accident! 😀

  


No comments:

Post a Comment