Tuesday, March 28, 2017

My New Look...The Missionary Tan


Heat Please Stop
Nihao!
Sweet week out on the mission, full of heat and sweat! I have something one up from a farmers tan- it's called a Missionary Tan.😁 My arms and face are dark brown and my body is pale as a ghost, I look ridiculous. Wearing dress clothes in this heat is not that fun, but makes you more grateful for the blessing of AC. 
This week has been great! Our investigators are progressing very quickly and are just so amazing. I can't begin to express how much I love Asians, it's insane! 
We get to play a fun game on the mission called "Are my investigators going to come to Church?" It's a super fun game full of lots of patience and anxiety. But I'm proud to say...WE WON! Brother Zhao and his wife Tina came to church! They were so amazing. They had tons of questions, as expected but they loved it and the members were great. Tina wants to buy a skirt for Church so that's a good sign right!😉
Anyways- we are teaching about 1-2 people everyday and we have constant people at English Class now! Thanks to Elder Willes Mom we have fliers all over our area advertising it now, so things are really starting to pickup here! Even though I don't know how much longer we will be in this area with school getting out soon! 
Me and Elder Willes are super blessed and my Chinese is doing great! I love what I'm doing but I would love to see some snow right about now too!
Hope you all have a wonderful week with it now being a 100° in your states! 

Wo Ai Nimen
孫長老 Sun Zhanglao! ​
Elder Nelson

P.S. here is some sweet pics of the week, I found a field a flowers- don't ask too many questions.​​​😁


The "Sweet" Flower Pic

In Ben's recording this week he went into more detail about each of the people that he and Elder Willes have been working with. To hear the excitement and love that he has for these people in his voice just makes my heart swell. 
Something exciting happened for Ben and his companion this week. They have been KILLING themselves in this area working, praying and trying so hard and it has paid off in more ways than one. Obviously the most rewarding is finding and bringing these people to Christ, but the second is the Mission President's wife, Sister Mullen told them that President Mullen said they were "tearing it up"! According to Ben President Mullen would NEVER tell them that in person so in Ben's words..."That was freakin AWESOME!" 😂😂 
Also this week they were challenged to Come to Know their Savior better by going to the Topical Guide under Jesus Christ starting at the top and looking up every word that describes our Savior. Ben challenged us to do the same and told us that President Nelson promised if we do this we will come to know our Savior in a way we never have before and it will strengthen our testimony of Him. 
If I am completely honest, I have been challenged many times over the course of my life to do various things in the church to help grow and improve my spirituality. Most times I have heeded their advice, but other times I have not. But when you have your son who is out sacrificing and serving the Lord challenge you weekly to do various things to grow, I feel an overwhelming urge to stay up to par with where he is. I enjoy being able to discuss the things we each have learned and to grow together in this spiritual journey. 

♥♥♥ these 2 




No comments:

Post a Comment