Tuesday, February 7, 2017

"SMS" (Seriously Missing Someone)

Mondays have become a very exciting day for our family. It's no longer the first day of the school week, or the dreaded start of an anxiety ridden work week. It's "Missionary Monday" and the highly anticipated P-day where we get to hear from Ben! I am usually giddy all day and since the time that we hear from Ben changes with each P-day, I spend most the day passing my laptop and refreshing my email account every time I walk by. But as the hours tick on and still no email, to say I get a little irritable and antsy is an understatement. Hearing from my son weekly helps ease my worrying mind about his emotional and physical state. Besides hearing his voice and the smile it brings to my heart, I love listening to his stories and his adventures while serving the Lord. 
Not receiving my weekly email makes for some melancholy moments in the days that follow. Not knowing when the P-day was changed to doesn't help either. I know to some this may sound ridiculous and borderline pathetic, but I feel this way with all my children. I love being involved in their lives and having conversations about nothing and everything all at the same time. For us Moms we just need the reassurance that they are OK and that they are handling life the best they can. 
I am grateful for the tender mercies that come through others even when they have no clue they had a hand in it. Ben's companion Elder Willes has a blog that his Mom does as well. I thought maybe I could find some comfort in the words he shared about his weeks with Ben. I hadn't been on in a bit so I thought I would check it out. When I opened it up, what I saw made me smile from ear to ear. A picture of my son with his companion and another Elder all of them looking so happy! 



I sure am grateful yet again for my Father in Heaven who always is aware of just what I need exactly when I need it. Here's to hoping we hear from our Handsome Elder soon!
BTW-shout out to all the Moms who because of where their children are serving may or may not receive emails. You are the STRONGEST! 👍




No comments:

Post a Comment