Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Does An Apple A Day REALLY Keep The Dr.'s Away?

Surprise...we heard from Ben today! Wasn't expecting it, but what a wonderful surprise!😀

Doctors For Days
From Ben:
So this week was another crazy one! To start off the rain has been sooo crazy, we can't even leave our apartments! They just recently allowed us to leave- thank heavens!
Secondly, I don't know what happened this week but I got super sick and ended up at the doctor with my nurse thinking I have appendicitis- so that was fun after a nice 6 HOUR Doctor apt., a lot of blood taking and multiple IV's. I'm OK, I have a couple things they cant identify but regardless I'm back on track!
Another doctor I went to this week was an Eye Doctor. I can't see anything which is a problem out here on the mission! I got my eyes checked and got some sweet new glasses. Expect a lot of pics in the upcoming future! 
Ya so my crippled life is finally slowing down and I'm back to working! 
We went to an amazing fireside the other night with a lady by the name of Dawn Armstrong. She is actually in the movie Meet the Mormons! Her life story is the roughest thing I've probably ever heard. She helped me to realize my importance and how important my calling is. I'm very grateful. Like it says in the White handbook "How great is your calling". I could not agree more. I have been given an amazing blessing to be out here no matter how hard it gets. I know my Savior is there to pick me right back up!
Love you all tons. 
孫長老 Sun Zhanglao
Elder Nelson
**Also, I met that guy from 17 miracles. The little guy with the wooden crutches. Super nice guy!
Just a side note: I am super grateful for 2 very PATIENT, KIND and AMAZING Companions. They really stepped up and helped him out this week. Shout outs to Elder Willes and Elder Zeng!


On Ben's recording he went into more detail about how he's been feeling. I of course am trying NOT to freak out with him being so sick. It's weird because he rarely gets sick, so this is new. After all the X-rays, Dr.'s and nurses he was told he has some fluid around his appendix and that they will be watching it closely, but for now just keep going the way he is. We are praying that he will be OK. He feels like Heavenly Father is blessing him and helping him to have the strength to keep working.
Ben spoke about 2 investigators they are working with, Fred and Mike. They have very American sounding names but both are Asian. Fred know Chinese and English so Ben said they are teaching "Chenglish" with him. LOL They may not be able to continue with Fred because he let them know that he did not see a need for religion at all. They challenged him to pray and are hoping they can continue to teach him. 
Mike has been taught the Plan of Salvation lesson and is excited about what he has heard so far. They are hoping and praying for some success with him.
The rains Ben talked about in California, we have been following on the news here. It has been pretty bad. We received an email from the Mission President reassuring us that the safety of all the missionaries was there first priority. It was a welcomed reassurance for this Mom who was just a tad bit worried. 

Dear Brother and Sister Nelson,
A severe winter storm has been forecast for late this afternoon in Southern California.  We write to let you know that we have taken precautions to have our missionaries prepared.  We have asked all missionaries to return to their quarters by 3 PM this afternoon and cancel all dinner appointments.
We want to assure you if communication or transportation becomes a problem in any serious emergency, we have each of the seven stakes in the mission apprised of missionary locations in their stake so that stake emergency personnel in the more immediate vicinities can quickly respond and check on missionary safety.
Again, we express our gratitude for sharing Elder Nelson with us in the missionary work of the California Riverside Mission and want you to know that his safety is our highest priority.

Faithfully Yours,
President John H. Mullen and Sister Jana L. Mullen

Happy to hear they are all doing fine and so grateful to an attentive and concerned Mission President and his wife. Feeling blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment