Monday, August 27, 2018

Last Transfer


So much happening, so little time!

HELLO EVERYONE! 

So sorry, I have so little time to shoot out a few emails today. I will hit the major highlights of this week.

Transfers happened I am now going to Eastvale to finish my mission with Elder Crowther. Crazy how I started in the MTC with him and now we will finish together. We are excited about this transfer and the amazing miracles that are in store. 

I also said goodbye to everyone in Riverside and it was hard as it was my last one. Linda and Jean got teary-eyed and gave me a big hug before I left. They said thank you for all you have done for our family. I have some pictures of them, I think they will be baptized and I am so excited for them and the mighty growth they have made.

This is a new transfer filled with miracles to come. Luckily I am in a car now and can work 100% of the time now. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve! I said goodbye to Elder Willes who is heading home tomorrow. That was super weird since I have served with him almost my whole mission! Crazy how fast time goes by...

I love all of you so much, so sorry for the short email! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Ben, Elder Johnson and Elder Lai with some 
friends from Riverside 

Ben was able to give a little more of an update in an email he sent to the family. Here is what is said. 

Zing:
We met with Zing and had a great lesson! We reviewed the Word of Wisdom since that is what came up in his interview. He expressed how he was struggling with alcohol. He expressed how he had no desire to smoke anymore. He said that it was a miracle and I couldn't agree anymore! We are excited for him and we made some great goals to help him overcome his addictions that he is facing.

Linda and Shen:
We met with Linda and Shen and had a great lesson! We talked again about how God answers our prayers. Shen said he has such a large desire to know God is there, he explained how he is lacking faith and doesn't know what to do for it to grow. We read Alma 32 with him and he loved it, he said that he felt as though his seed was already sprouting! Linda testified that these things were true and that she knew God was there for her.

So this weekend we received transfer calls and were told all 3 of us are going to Eastvale! They are tripling us out and doubling in Elder Maxwell and his trainee. So I will be finishing my mission with Elder Crowther!!! We were so excited that was happening, we had been joking that this would never happen and BAM it happened! Elder Lai and Johnson are going to take over a Chinese/ English area.  So that is quite crazy and I am so excited to finally work again.

I just said goodbye to Elder Willes, that was super weird. I have been around him like my whole mission. So to see him go home kind of breaks my brain a little bit haha. He is a great guy and I am excited to see him again in the future.

Update on my back! I went to the physical therapist and he has gotten me on the come around! I am doing lots of stretches and am slowly VERY slowly getting better. He has me in a back brace when I walk around outside. But that is temporary for now. He is a great guy who really cares about my health I am very blessed for his help.

LOVE YOU GUYS

It has been really hard for me to be here in Utah knowing that my son is in pain with his back and I cannot be there to help. It is taking A LOT of trust and faith in the Lord to know that He can take care of my son. I know Ben is strong and can get through anything, it is just always a sad and hard lesson to learn when you suddenly realize that you are sometimes not in charge of your body and that you may or may not be able to do things like you use to. 
I love Ben's attitude about everything he is doing. I have always said that Ben is a happy kid and takes things in stride. This little bump in the road with his back is no exception. What a proud Momma I am to have a son with such a GREAT attitude! 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment