Monday, August 13, 2018

Miracles are always better in Chinese



Hello everyone! 

It has been another fantastic week out here in the Riverside mission. As my title indicates we have seen many mighty miracles. The Lord knows of our situation and the difficulty of this language. He knows all of our needs and abundantly blesses us! 

 I would like to share some of the miracles from this week: 
1. Zing:
We met with Zing on Tuesday night. Some of our members invited him over for dinner and we shared a message with him after dinner! It was such a good lesson. We explained to our best ability how important baptism is and how it is his next step. Our member Jordan testified of how he will be there the whole way through all of it. Zing accepted a baptismal date for this Sunday coming up! We hope that his interview will go well and we can go through with that! I have been teaching him for quite some time now and we are just so excited for him! 

2. Linda and Shen
We had the opportunity of finally teaching Linda with her husband Shen. It was so great to teach them as a family. He is also very prepared and kept talking about how he needed to be praying and reading. He expressed his large desire to know if God was truly there. They committed to praying and reading as a family every day! We are so excited for them and the mighty progress they are making in such a short time.

3. Sunday:
We had Linda, Jean and Zing come to church which was great. It was quite a special Sunday. We had Brad Wilcox visit our ward and wowowow he is amazing. He is a professor at BYU and the author of " The Infinite Atonement". I have never met a more loving man! He walked in and said, "ELDERS, I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!" He began hugging us and just thanking us over and over for what we do. He grabbed all of our investigators after 1st hour and just started mauling them haha. He said, "I am so glad you are here, please keep listening to these boys!" He is one of the most sincere people I have ever met. He talked in the 3rd hour on Grace and I would like to share a few of his thoughts here.
One of the major things that stuck out to me was "Instead of thinking Christ makes us the difference, we can think Christ is all the difference." Grace is given to us if we are willing to use it! I thought this to be so true. He said "Grace doesn't just get us to heaven but more so it makes us Heavenly". We must allow the Savior's grace to change us.
He taught so many amazing principles, I invite you to listen to his talk "His Grace is sufficient". 

Small update on my back. I am currently confined to a couch or bed which hasn't been too fun! I hope to have my MRI this week to see what is happening. Thank you for all the love and support that has been sent my way. I truly to feel it and angels around me.
LOVE ALL OF YOU! ❤
Elder Nelson 孙长老


My son in his email this week expressed this to me when I inquired about his back:
"I am still resting but when I feel half decent I will go out for about 15 mins and just about every time we find someone! The Lord provides miracles no matter what situation we are in!" 
What an example! What an AMAZING kid!
I am so proud of him and the way he is trying to do the BEST he can with the affliction he is going through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment