Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Your New Greenie


I still haven't heard from Ben. I am trying not to worry. Instead I decide to reach out to his new companion Elder Willes. I thought I would send him an email to thank him for taking on the New Greenie, Elder Nelson.
Hi Elder Willes! My name is Celeste Nelson, Ben's Mom. I came across your blog that your Mom does for you about 5 weeks ago. I was looking for ANYONE that had some information on the CA Riverside Mission my son would be going to so I could prepare myself and maybe send him some info as well. It JUST dawned on me that YOU AND Elder Zeng are his companions! I cannot believe it didn't click when I first received the email.
I am so excited for him! I have sent him snapshots of your blog, stories and testimony through email in the MTC hoping to inspire him and get him excited to get out in the field! I'm not sure if he has put that together yet and that you are the blog I was following, but it sure seems to make the world a small place. He asked me to send him your info thinking at some point you would be companions. 🤗
I have spoke to your mom through your blog and we are keeping in touch through email to share our experiences together.
Thank you so much Elder Willes for your service. I have enjoyed seeing your pictures, hearing your testimony and your love for your mission. It has really helped this mama heart ❤ that is worried about her son. I hope you enjoy him as much as we do, LOL. AND...I hope he is being good! 😉 Can't wait to hear more about your ADVENTURES together! Good luck and be safe!
❤❤❤
Celeste Nelson

I never expected to receive an email in return because I know how busy these Elders are, but I open my computer and see a response from him. Even though I still had not heard from Ben, this email sparked the same excitement in me I get when I see Ben's emails pop up.

Sister Nelson hello!!! Its Elder Willes. I am currently in Eastvale (a different area from Elder Nelson), gathering my stuff and emailing before I head to UCR. Your son is a fantastic missionary. All three of us will be in a trio in the UCR area. I am so excited. I am glad you could see my blog too! I already love your son so much. He is so awesome. Thank you so much we are so excited to work hard and help others!!!
So while I am still waiting, hearing from someone close to him helped make me feel a little better. Yep...it happened again! TENDER MERCIES!


1 comment: