Sunday, January 22, 2017

What Are The Odds?

About 5 weeks ago I was looking for ANYONE that had some information on the CA Riverside Mission (Mandarin) my son would be going to so I could prepare myself and maybe send him some info as well. I came across the blog of Elder Nathan Willes. I have been following him looking at pictures, reading his stories and testimony hoping to help ease this mamas heart. It JUST dawned on me when I reread the arrival email from my sons Mission President that Elder Willes (the blog I was following) and Elder Zeng are his first companions in the field! I cannot believe it didn't click when I first received the email.
I am so excited for him! My son asked that I send him snapshots of his blog, stories and testimony through email in the MTC thinking at some point they would be companions. .
I had already reached out to his Mom to keep in touch and hopefully share stories and support. I already feel like I know these kids having been reading up on all their adventures these past weeks.

The Lord sure works in mysterious ways and KNOWS exactly what each and everyone of us needs. I am grateful I was lead to this diligent Missionaries blog and have been able to enjoy the work and testimonies of so many from the Mission my son will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment