Monday, June 25, 2018

Sacrifice and Patience Brings Forth Blessings


The Lord Always Provides

HELLO EVERYONE! 

This was another week of miracles for us. We tried our absolute best to endure the trials of last week so the Lord would bless us. He, in fact, did that for us.

We found many new investigators, who all were very willing to progress to accept baptism and come to church with us.

The ones I would like to focus on are named Jenny and Frank. Jenny is the mother of Frank and had begun to attend our English class. We had an amazing lesson with them and put them on date for baptism for 7/29! They had no religious background at all so we taught very simply, however they loved all of it! They said they are very willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray. They also came to church the following day and had a great experience there! The Lord truly blessed us with them. 

Second, HUGE miracle is we met with Zing again this week. He had asked specifically to talk about how he could keep the WOW. We expressed how when he felt the temptation he could read and pray instead. He was very willing to try this, we talked about how keeping the commandments will access light and dispel darkness. We lastly gave him a blessing at the end of the lesson to give him strength. He freaked out after the blessing and said " WOAH WOAH WOAH, 3 times during your prayer I felt a very warm feeling I cannot describe." We explained how that was from the spirit and he said: " I believe it too". Very powerful lesson and we are so excited for him! 

The last miracle of the week was Anna was baptized on Sunday!! She is an amazing example to me and I am very grateful I had the opportunity to teach her. She has a huge testimony that she is a Child of God. She expressed in her testimony that I am a Child of God is her favorite song. She said, "As I have been baptized I am now certain that I am one of his children". We are excited for her in her new adventure, she will be an amazing example to many! 

Great week and we have many more miracles in store! LOVE ALL OF YOU.
Elder Nelson
孙长老

Ben's Scholarship he was awarded while out serving

Anna's Baptism

This week was sad for me because we got an email from Ben that said his bag was stolen and guess what was in it....HIS RECORDER!!!😳😳 I cannot hear my boys voice anymore until I get him a new one. He only has a little bit of time left but it gives me so much comfort to hear him talk. Plus, I feel I can hear how he is REALLY doing by his tone. I guess this just means I am on the hunt for a new one! 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment