Monday, June 18, 2018

Refiners Fire


Hello everyone! 
I promise my title isn't only Refiners Fire because it is scraping the 100's out here.
This was a hard week, nothing to sugar coat. However, we worked our tails off I can say that. This week was graduation on campus, which made it very VERY difficult to proselyte. We maybe saw 15 Chinese people the whole week. We paused many investigators as most are heading back to China this week! 
BUTTTT that will not tear us down. We still got 2 potential families this week which want to meet when they get back from their vacations next week! 
Zing (one of our investigators) agreed to keep the Word of Wisdom for 1 week! That is a huge step for him and we hope he sees how it can bless his life.
There are a few very important principles I learned from this week:
We worked very hard this week to find the prepared. But with graduation, it was EXTREMELY difficult to be on campus and find really any Chinese people. However, we learned many valuable lessons this week:
1. I can't control agency, as much as I would like to sometimes, haha people have the freedom to choose.
2. Patience is a Godly virtue. This has been something I have been working on my whole mission. I tried really hard to focus on the miracles and recognize what the spirit wanted us to do this week.
3. "Thy will be done, Lord not mine." If there is something I learned this week above all it is this. As we truly, I mean TRULY trust God, give up our will to him, and do as we would have done, then and only then do we begin to see the miracles. We worked hard, we all did a study on the Holy Ghost as a companionship to be more spiritually sensitive. I learned that if we will align our will fully with His then we begin to see God's hand in all things.
We plan to have a week of miracles! I can't wait to tell you all about them next week! 
Love you all, stay cool, because we won't haha! 

Elder Nelson 孙长老

Cheesin and messing around for the camera


No comments:

Post a Comment