Tuesday, January 30, 2018

ACUPUNCTURE...Proof That Stabbing Someone REALLY Can Make You Feel Better


New Changes

Hello Everyone! 

This week was super exciting and full of Chinese people! We had the opportunity to teach some great people this week, one being Anna. Anna is the wife of one of our members. They just recently were married and she is very interested in the Gospel. We went over on Wednesday and taught her the first lesson. She was eating it up and had tons of great questions. She is super willing to read and pray, we are very excited for her and I will keep you updated! 

One of the more eventful things of the week would have to be Saturday and Sunday. 

Saturday: We received our calls for the new areas we will be going to! Elder Crowther (Previous companion) got a Zone-Leader call and is coming to be with me. Elder Willes is heading out to UCR campus to be with Elder Yang! I'm excited to serve with Elder Crowther and am looking forward to the future! 

Sunday: We went to church and watched a regional broadcast which was all in Chinese, that is a fast way to get a headache! After Church we went and taught a guy by the name of Bin. He is super cool and brought us Chocolate Milk! He is super willing to read and pray, I look forward to meeting with him again.
The highlight came that night when we went and visited some of our Chinese members. The Jiangs were our last family for the night. They greeted us with dumplings, it was great! However they asked if we would like to try acupuncture? I hate needles and was so hyped I asked, "I have a hurt forearm will that mess up the acupuncture? (trying to get out of it)." Brother Jiang and Sister Jiang having medical degrees in Chinese Medicine and start freaking out! He grabs a bowl of oil and some rubber thing then starts attacking my arm. He starts rubbing all over til he find the pain, he then rubs it aggressively for about 25 mins! Then some how my arm felt better!!! He said I want you to come over 2 more times and I will have it better! Then to end off the treatment he shoved a needle in my hand. He then said I will get a lot more on Wednesday. So that was a great way to end the night! 
Have a great week guys, LOVE YA! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Acupuncture 
(So proud of Ben! He is SOOOOO scared of needles)

Chinese BBQ

Ben talked to us a little more about what happened with transfers. They knew in the morning that Elder Crowther received a Zone Leader call which meant he was coming to the Jurupa Zone, but everyone thought for sure it would be Ben leaving-he's been in this area since May. But....SURPRISE, they moved Elder Willes to UCR. What a twist of what everyone thought. 😲
When Ben was telling his story of acupuncture he said, "OK family- if you don't know what acupuncture is, remember Poe from Kung Fu Panda? It's when they shoot him with all those needles and he falls down and can't move." Haha! So my son to use an Animated Movie to explain life adventures. 😁LOVE IT!♥♥ 
I'm pretty sure they have won him over with the oil and rubber method of helping with pain. He said, "They came out with this oil and rubber scraper thing and Brother Jiang pours it on my arm and starts aggressively rubbing it and my arm starts to immediately bruise. He tells me that wherever it goes dark is where the pain is. He was 100% correct! He would rub where it would hurt and I would flinch. He rubbed on my arm for about 30  minutes and he told me to come back a few more times. It already is feeling better, so I don't know what kind of black magic- gypsy work they did, but it worked!"😊 Maybe he can come home and use the method on all of us! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment