Tuesday, January 16, 2018

1 Year In The Field!



I cannot believe how fast time is going and that I have hit a full year in the field already.
I hit my 14 months tomorrow too, I hope my Chinese catches up eventually! 
This week was a very fast and busy one! 

Monday: We had the opportunity of teaching a woman by the name of Winnie (like Winnie the Pooh) she is a very die hard Christian, however thinks we are awesome! We taught her at a High School library which was interesting! Her lesson went really great and she is willing to read the Book of Mormon! 

Jumping to Thursday: We had the opportunity to go over to Ryan Chen's home again. He is a less active member in our ward. He has not allowed Missionaries in his home for over 2 years. As of recently he has been letting us come over. He called us and asked if we could help with some translation. It was fun to do, and he agreed to take the missionary lessons again too! He has been coming to church and truly does have a good heart! 

Friday: We watched the Funeral of President Monson, it was super sad however very uplifting! The cheer that he brought to this world was an amazing example to me. I hope that I may be able to emulate the constant positivity  he had in all things! I know he is a Prophet of God!  

Saturday: My back still hurts from this day! We have been receiving some rain as of recent and it's brought down some gnarly mudslides! So we went up to the Bishop of the Corona stake to deal with the damage. His back yard had 3 ft of mud everywhere you could see! The whole pool was filled to the top with mud... So we got to work and got super dirty.. One of the sister missionaries was helping me shovel mud and she fell in and destroyed all of her clothing. After a little bit of laughing on both ends we got it all taken care of! 
We also taught a new family. The husband and wives names were Jack and Kelly. The lesson went OK other than their kid was flippin crazy. He was throwing things all over the place and was trying to kill their turtle! SUPER FUN LESSON

Sunday: Shanon came back from China! We were so excited to see her again. She is hoping to make it our to the Temple before the end of January!!

Great week, we have been super busy and the Lord has blessed us so much! 

Pics: I have one! I was covered in mud waist down however the picture doesn't show much... whatever! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老


Mudslide Service Activity


No comments:

Post a Comment