Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Christmas Surprise


Christmas day started off with Dallin H. Oaks teaching us the true meaning of Christmas which was really cool to hear from an Apostle of God! Moving on through the crazy day we opened some presents from home which was a pick me up for all of us! BUT...then we go to call our families which threw me and everyone else sideways for the rest of the night.. It was the fastest 30 mins of my entire life! We had another devotional and we got to hear from David Archuleta. He came and sang for us which was really cool and I got to hear his testimony and give him a hug after. BTW- he is a very small man LOL!
So moving on through the week we did a thing called Skype TRC's which we go into a computer lab and we teach someone from Taiwan which was very intimidating since they talk insanely fast but we did our best! Since we have only 2 weeks left I got to get some in field training LOL!


This was the picture Ben sent us after phone calls to families on Christmas. 😭

Tuesday Dec. 27th:
They had a devotional from Elder Melvin B. Arnold who gave them some advice that ended up being one of Ben's favorite thoughts. "Be yourself. You have your companion for a reason. Your strengths may be his weakness and vice versa. Work through those together." He also told them, "Don't you dare come home with any regrets! You give it your whole 100%." This really stuck with Ben and hit home hard. He doesn't want to be someone who comes home and feels like he could've done more. He said, "I better come home so tired and exhausted because I gave it all I had. I cannot come home with ANY regrets."
Elder Arnold also shared a story from his time as a Mission President with a young missionary who was really successful in his baptisms. He asked him what his secret was and he said, "I like to imagine the best in everyone. I don't like to see the man I'm teaching with a cigarette in his mouth, tattoos, slicked back hair and dirty. I see a son of God that could be going through the temple and be sealed to his family for all eternity." Ben talked about how we need to make sure to see the best in people. Not judge them but see who they can be. This is really going to help him on his mission, seeing people the way God sees them.
Ben's parting words:
Don't judge people. Don't see them as they are, but who they can become!
孫長老
Elder Nelson


Goofballs!



No comments:

Post a Comment