Monday, July 23, 2018

Chasing The Wrong Asian


Always on the Grind!

HELLO EVERYONE! 

What a blessing it is to be in the California Riverside Mission! 
We worked really hard this week to find the prepared. We had multiple days this week where we walked over 7 hours. We know the Lord is preparing people for us and we are out here to find them. It got to the point I was running after a Chinese woman and she ended up being Korean. 😂😂
We were blessed this week with some amazing lessons along with some new people to teach! One, in particular, I would like to focus on is named Jean.
Jean was actually a referral given to us by Linda who is another one of our people we are teaching. We had very little time to meet with Jean but she is amazing. She has 2 cute little kids and wants what's best for them. We shared very simply about the importance of the Book of Mormon, prayer and her relationship to God. She came to church the following day and said 孙老师,孙老师!! Meaning Teacher Nelson (since I teach English class haha). I have read the Book of Mormon and I love it, I want to learn more. We are very excited for her and hope that she continues to progress.

We also met with Linda who is doing very very good. We taught Tithing and Fasting to her and she is very willing to keep it! She has been reading too and progressing very fast. She is taking the lessons very seriously and has a very large desire to come unto her Savior!  She also came to church alongside Jean. 

Another crazy thing is I turn 20 years old this week!! It is very weird to think that is already going to be my Birthday on Wednesday. Oh, how time flies! I feel a little too old now that I am going into the 20's but such is life! 

We are continuing to work hard and have many amazing people to meet with this week.
I love this Church!! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Ben-Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment