Monday, May 14, 2018

Hello Again

Amy Hanstad's Baptism

Mother's Day!
Hello, everyone another hot week in Cali!

This week was a little slower but had some great highlights! 
The first is we had the opportunity to teach a man by the name of Chaolian Zhong! He had self-referred himself after watching many Mormon messages. He said he felt good inside and needed to meet with someone! His lesson went really well and he took a baptismal date for June 10th! He said he has a large desire to follow his Savior and be a better person! 

Another major highlight of this week had to be Mothers Day obviously! But before I talk about the Skype call. We had a baptism!!! 
I had the opportunity of baptizing Amy Hanstad on Sunday! She has been a true light to me over these past few months. As we have taught her she has truly repented and changed to come closer to her Savior. She gives the most sincere prayers I have ever heard! My favorite is sitting at the end of her lessons in dead silence for 10 mins so she can think about what she wants to say. I feel the spirit so strongly when I am with her. Miracles have truly not ceased and I don't know what I would do if I couldn't play a part in her life.

Then after the baptism, we had the opportunity to Skype our families! We skyped at Hank's home ( a recent convert of mine). It was great to see everyone and how quick they have grown up. The time always goes so fast but it truly does help. That was my last Skype call which is super weird to think about! Time is surely flying but I am having a blast! Love the work and the people I get to serve.
Have a great week everyone! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

No comments:

Post a Comment