Monday, December 25, 2017

Seeing Isn't Believing. Believing Is Seeing!


This quote DOES NOT apply today! LOL😁
I cannot begin to express how excited I get to talk to Ben. Not just talk to him, but to see his face, read his body language and to REALLY communicate face to face. 

I got a text from Brother and Sister White that they were going to let Ben and Elder Willes come to their home on Christmas to Skype. I am always so grateful to those people that open their homes to these boys. 

I get a text on Christmas morning that said, "He's going to call you. Our computer broke." 
My heart dropped a little, but I was still so excited to be able to hear his voice. Then immediately I get a text that said, "Just kidding! It's in 40 min."
AHHHH! 
Then the call comes in and there is no picture on the screen. We can hear Ben's voice saying, "Mom, are you there? Sorry, their camera broke so we can just talk here on the computer."
I have to admit, I was almost in tears. I told him that it was just fine and that we were just excited to hear his voice. Then he pops up on the screen and yells, "JUST KIDDING! Hi everyone!"
Honestly...that kid! He knows me so well and knows that I was heartbroken but would put on a good face. Maybe I shouldn't have been such a jokester with him when he was young! 😏

This year was total CHAOS, which is pretty normal for us. All the kids wanted to talk to him and of course all at the same time. We made sure to let Sam go first because he was so excited to show Ben his pump. Ben said, "Sam, does that make you a SUPER HERO?" Sam said, "No. It keeps me alive." Hahaha! So funny!
As soon as they were done Ben say, "OK! Have you guys seen Star Wars?" LOL He then proceeded to show us a list of all the movies he has written down in his book that he wants to see when he gets home. I'm so excited to just sit for like 2 weeks and do nothing but hang and catch up on all the cinema he has missed. 
We talked about his mission, filled him in on things at home a little, he shared his testimony with us in Chinese and we said a prayer together! 
He looked and sounded AMAZING! He has a spirit and light about him that is so bright it felt like you could touch it through the screen. 
I am so proud of that boy and the sacrifice he is giving. The tender mercies that we receive as a family and the journey that we get to have through him and this experience is a blessing on a whole new level. I will forever be grateful to Ben for the example that he is being to all of us. 
I will admit-as spiritual and as radiant as his testimony is, he is still the witty, funny, spirited and down to earth Ben we all know and love. 
This Mama's heart is filled to it's fullest today!♥♥♥ 


We had the blessing on Christmas Eve to spend some time with one of Ben's first Companions, Elder David Zeng who brought along Elder Merriman from the Riverside California Mission too. What a treat it was to get to talk to them and know them a little better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment