Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake



Woah... 11 months???
NIHAO!
It's kind of scary to think that I have been away from home for 11 months now... Time goes so dang fast on the mission- it's kind of freaky. I'm just praying that my language catches up one of these days LOL😁. I'm just kidding! The Lord has blessed me so much already and I couldn't ask for anymore.

This week was pretty good. Elder Willes and I have been working our butts off to find the prepared. We taught some good lessons to some great people. 
We had an interesting lesson with a women by the name of Sue. She thought our message was evil. She was scared we would bring her eternal happiness or something weird like that LOL😁. I'm just playing around! She just wasn't ready to change churches but we hope she finds missionaries in the future! 

We have also still been working with Xun and Sara, an amazing couple who have a great desire to learn. They invited us over to a party for their daughters this week. We went to the party and it was a blast, Elder Willes and I were the "life of the party". We met so many great people, who were all in AWE that we spoke Chinese. They made us eat so much food I was in pain! They also gave us a whole Costco sheet cake! 😲 They said,  "Us Americans love sweets, so we need to take this cake". It was a great party, and I have a very bad selfie to go with it! 

Hope you all had a great week, Wo Ai Nimen! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Ben, Elder Willes, Xun & Sara celebrating their 
daughters 100 days on this earth

Poor Ben! This week when he was talking to us he must've yawned 6 or 7 times in the 5 minute recording. As his Mom, it makes me feel bad to know he is so tired. But also to know he is tired doing "good things" makes me happy! 
This week, like all weeks, him and Elder Willes are working hard to find those that the Lord has prepared. He was able to go on splits to "English Land" as he always calls it, which makes me chuckle. I think it's a good opportunity for him to see a different side of the mission and to learn from and help teach other Elders too.   


This week was a hard one to email Ben. One of Ben's dear friends and fellow Missionary Mom's passed away. She has been a friend of mine since we were in HS and our boys have grown up together. She lost her battle with cancer at the young age of 42. This news broke my heart and I was nervous to tell Ben, but I knew he needed to know so he could provide comfort to his friend who is serving in Samoa. 
Her son Joseph decided to stay out on his mission and honestly it is the BEST place he can be. So close to the spirit and submerged in the Lord's work is what is going to help him endure the sadness that will come from losing her. 
When Ben read my email he was overcome with sadness and a little bit of helplessness, but his response back to me didn't surprise me at all. 
"First off wow... that is so sad to hear. I thought she was doing good and had fought it back. However she is where she needs to be right now. Joseph is an amazing missionary with a faith and testimony I could only hope to have. I know he is in a good spot and is doing the right thing. I will be reaching out to him this week. Please tell Shawn I love him very much and he is in my prayers. It's very sad to think that he won't have his mother when she gets back. But she is always going to be by his side throughout the rest of his mission."
They have been receiving each others emails all throughout their missions but Ben reached out on a more personal level to offer comfort and love through this difficult time. It's hard to not be there to comfort my son or Joseph. I can only pray that the Lord will bring them peace and wrap his arms around them as they work through one of life's most devastating heartaches.

Ben & Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment