Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Livin' The Thug Life


Short & Sweet
Hey GUYS! 
This week it's back to me and Elder Crowther hitting the wild streets of California. I'd like to simply share some awesome things that happened with some amazing people. 

First- was a family me and Elder Willes had knocked a door a long time ago. A family of 3 answered and we got to know them a little bit. They said they're looking for a church and would love to try ours out. We gave them the info and prayed they would come! They didn't come... So the next week we stopped by and asked if they had 10 mins we could help them understand more about our Church. They said not right now. But don't worry we are more than willing to come we will see you Sunday! Of course they didn't come. So me and Elder Willes stopped trying with them and moved on. Then, this last Sunday they randomly show up way in the back! I was planning on talking to them after Sacrament to help them understand what is happening, but then 30 mins in they left!!! I was quite sad. I didn't get to talk to them. Then yesterday me and Elder Crowther were in their neighborhood setting up fliers for English class. I felt very, veryyyy prompted to knock their door. Now this would be the 3rd time so I was extremely apprehensive to do so. We prayed for like 25 mins on the plan of action. I just kept getting the feeling-GO FOR IT! I ask Elder Crowther what he is thinking and he says the same thing! So we just go for it! I'm greeted by Lily (the wife) who was very very nice to me. They explained that their headsets were broken so they had no translation and wanted to be in better clothing for church than what they were wearing. I begin to explain and solve concerns. We tell them our purpose is to help you understand these things better and how they will bless you. With a big grin on her face she says, "Here is my number. Please call me tomorrow to see when we can meet!" Tender mercy right there! I will keep you updated on their progress!  
2nd Experience (sorry very long) 
A long time back we had taught a mother by the name of Echo. She seemed quite uncomfortable during the lesson and when we got to giving her a Book of Mormon she rejected it. She said she didn't really believe what we were teaching her and would pray about it... She said, "I will let you know in the future if I am interested." So not a very good lesson, however as we were leaving a park one day after contacting some Chinese families, we spotted Echo! I was not exactly excited to turn the car around to go talk to her, yet I felt quite a strong prompting to do so. We flip around and go talk to her. I simply asked how she had been an reinvited her to English class. She said, "Thank you. If I have time I will be there." I didn't expect to see her, but on Friday she actually attended our English Class again for the first time in over a month! She seemed different and very excited to be there. We then shared our spiritual message at the end announcing a Church Tour. She asked very nicely if she could come? This about blew me over because last time she rejected us pretty hard core. We said of course we would love to see you there! The time for the Church Tour came and she called to cancel... however announced she would come to church the following day! On Sunday we see Echo walk in with her little daughter and they sat right next to us! They loved church and were planning on meeting with us later this week to learn once more! 
Amazing things really do happen when you follow the spirit! Hope all of you had a great week, LOVE YA 

Elder Nelson 孙长老 

Back With This Thug😉

I love hearing in Ben's voice how much he loves serving with each of the companions he has had. I worried so much about that knowing he was only probably ever going to have 2 maybe 3 companions his whole mission. You pray as a Mother that they like each other...LOL Gratefully it has!😀

When Ben was first out on his mission and ran into the never ending trial of "pausing" people, (that is when they have investigators tell them they are no longer interested in hearing the gospel)😕 he would feel pretty bumbed out. But he explained that their first night together back as a companionship, they had 6 families pause on them. Usually he would feel deflated, but he talks about how he knows that it's OK and that just means that there are other people out there being prepared to hear the gospel.  

Ben bore his testimony about having the experience again with Echo this week and how it has been a true testament that Heavenly Father has as plan for each of us and how important it is to follow the spirit no matter how awkward it may seem at the time. 

He ended with sharing how these AMAZING experiences happen daily for them and how each one of them has taught him to trust in the Lord and just follow His promptings and great things can happen!♥♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment