Monday, July 24, 2017

Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do


Where has the time gone??
Hello my lovely friends from all over the place! 
This week has been kind of rough but hey, you can't always have everything perfect right?? 

Me and Elder Willes have been working super hard and were not about to slow down, we both have a huge desire to do the work and want to master this language! 
The week really doesn't have to many exciting things to talk about other than Sunday.
We only had 3 investigators at church, which is dumb of me to say because our mission average is 1 so we're still doing quite well. We had Chinese sacrament and I sat by our one investigator by the name of Guangwen Bao. She is so curious and has asked me and Elder Willes multiple times what she has to do so she can go on a mission lol. However, she is very difficult to understand. By far the most difficult I have ran into on the mission. So it is always way fun to talk to her and muscle through conversations. 
We ran into an amazing family after church. We actually knocked their door and met the whole family. They are so sweet and we hope to teach them in the following weeks to come! I will keep you posted.  We're so blessed right now and I have nothing to complain about! 
Tomorrow is my birthday which is insane to think, time is flying by so fast. I felt like I had just started my mission yesterday in the MTC not understanding a word my teachers were saying to me!
However, such is mission life and I will keep you posted what a mission birthday is like! 
Love you all very much and I hope you have a very fantastic week.
Here is a picture with me and my favorite Asian by the name of Rocky, he is flippin HUGE!!! 
Elder Nelson 孙长老

The Rocky and Ben Gun Show😀

One of the reasons I insisted on Ben taking a recorder is for weeks like this. In an email you can fake how you are feeling and how life is going, but not in a recording. I can hear it in my son's voice how he is doing. Tired, happy, sad, sick, excited etc... It helps me know how to pray for him more specifically. I know some weeks can be hard for him to fit in a recording but it sure helps ease this Momma's heart. 
This week he sounded a little down, still positive, but beaten down a little. Listening more to him and the events of the week it has just been one of those times where life likes to throw everything at you all at once. Even though they have had a few hang ups the Lord has blessed them with some "tender mercies" to help ease the inevitable trials of mission life. 
One funny thing is Ben is always called "Niánqīng yīngjùn (Young Handsome Meat) by the Chinese people and when the members in the English ward found out they have decided to call him that name from now on! LOL So anytime they call on him they don't call him Elder Nelson, they call him....        
"Niánqīng yīngjùn" 
I LOVE IT!♥♥♥





No comments:

Post a Comment