Monday, October 8, 2018

So Many To Teach- So Little Time



The Last Transfer...

I have officially entered into my last 6 weeks in California.
I do not want to leave this place, I love the Chinese people and want to continue to find the prepared. The Lord has blessed me with Charity for these people and I could stay with them forever. 

This week was full of many MIGHTY miracles! 
We taught many new friends this week and most of them accepted dates for baptism! The Lord has truly blessed us tenfold as of recent. Elder Crowther and I are going to make goals to see miracles this last transfer. Also, hopefully to get rid of this muffin top I have acquired haha. 

The big miracle this week was Jacob. Jacob was baptized on Wednesday and what an amazing experience that was! He only had 10 days here in America and we met with him everyday!!! He accepted the Gospel at such a fast rate. The Lord had truly been preparing him for many years all for this moment. Jacob his a huge example of endurance and diligence. He is very humble and has a large desire to come unto Christ. I am so grateful to have played a small role in his conversion. He took us out for lunch the following day before he left. He thanked us for all we did and said our goodbyes. It's hard to send them back to China, but I have faith the Lord will guide them. He promised he would bring his friends and family unto the Gospel! We are blessed to have been able to teach him and plan to have more baptisms coming up soon! 
We also had the pleasure of watching General Conference this weekend and WOWOWOW! I love General Conference. It is always spiritually uplifting and I always receive revelation for me and others. I always bring questions that I have been pondering. I find it amazing that EVERYTIME they are answered. I know these men are called of God, I am grateful that his church is still being guided today.

I want everyone to know these last 6 weeks will be full of miracles. SO BE PREPARED! I know God lives and I am grateful to represent him.

Elder Nelson 孙长老

18 people! 18 people are how many these boys are working with at once and they are loving it! One of them is named Hobart. He is 18 yrs old and has a lot of questions, but is very skeptical of the world. He told Ben that he just wants to get rid of his sins, so he is willing to work at it. 
Leon and Jenny are a couple that is on FIRE and doing so good with the lessons. They just want to do what is best for their family and bring them to the Celestial Kingdom. 
Maggie in one of their next investigators and ...is their TOP PRIORITY right now. Maggie is "SUPER PREGNANT" as Ben says and they are trying to get her baptized before she gives birth. LOL 😂
Side note: Ben is fighting with a fly while he is doing his recording, which is hilarious because he is losing his patience and ready to freak out! Apparently, he is recording next to a cow farm and so they are all over. So funny to hear him try to give a report while being in a Mortal Combat Fight with the fly. 
Last week as they were teaching Maggie a younger couple came in named Doris and Robert. They have only been in America for a few days and came in for English Class. They were a little early and so Maggie invited them to sit and learn the lessons with her while they waited for it to start. Ben was teaching about The Plan of Salvation and it worked out perfectly for all of them. 
Ben went on exchanges this week with Elder Stoley and they ended up teaching a woman named Joe. As they were teaching her she "went hard in the paint" as Ben says and just rapid fired questions about everything. She is a fireball and Ben is excited to see how it all ends up. 
Ben and Elder Crowther had dinner with the Browns who found out that they only have 6 more weeks left and so she was grilling them about wanting them to meet her nieces and confessed that she had already sent her pictures. LOL 
It freaks Ben out a little to even think like that, which is good because these 2 boys are determined to make these last 6 weeks count the most! I can't wait to hear about all they have accomplished! 


Elder Briggs Going Home

Jacob's Baptism and Lunch @ Little Buddha

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Package
Lunch with Elder Crowther


No comments:

Post a Comment