Monday, April 30, 2018

The 3 Musketeers

Trust in him. Proverbs 3: 5-6
只要信他。箴言书 3:5-6
Good Afternoon everyone! 

This week has been quite the eventful change for my mission! I am now back to my area I started my mission in and I love it here! 
First, to help you understand what we do out here as Chinese Missionaries, we walk a college campus by the name of UCR and look for Chinese people. We look for something or someway we can stop and talk to them as they are headed to classes and such. I have to say it has been a lot more fun this 2nd time around, now that I can actually communicate with the students and get to know them on a more personal level. I have already made some fantastic friends and we are working with some great people at the moment. But before I get to that let me tell you about my companions.

I first met Elder Johnson on Monday when I came into the area, I will be finishing his training these next 6 weeks! He is a great person with a very large desire to do the work. He is fearless in contacting and working very hard to learn the Chinese language.
I then met Elder Maxwell on Wednesday at the trainer meeting. He originally had come out a little after me and I had met him in the MTC! However, he went to Taiwan for about 4 months then got a nasty stomach virus that had him home for about 11 months. It was great to get to know him better and I am so excited to work with him! 
I am excited to train these 2 missionaries and help them both prepare for their missions in Taiwan! 

Now moving on to the rest of the week.  We had the opportunity to teach a student by the name of Qinsong. He is a great guy with a very large desire to be a good person. We are still working with him and hope to help him understand that God does exist and loves him very much! 
On Sunday I got to witness a miracle!!!! Sara Guo made the decision to be baptized and follow her Savior! I have taught Sara for about 8 months now and we had invited her and her husband on many occasions to be baptized. We had been rejected and given many reasons as to why they could not do that. However, Sara decided that this is what she needed to do and is setting the example for her family! She said in her testimony "One of the children asked me why I wasn't baptized at 8? I responded at that time in my life I was lost, but now I have found my Heavenly father and going down the path he has set for me". I am so happy to have played a small part in her conversion process over these past 8 months. She is a light and has helped me grow immensely! 
I love the work and I am excited for the new week! 
LOVE YAAA
pics:
Elder Maxwell is the redhead, Elder Johnson is not the redhead haha
Elder Nelson 孙长老

Back to UCR with Elder Johnson & Elder Maxwell


Goofy Elders!


Sara Guo's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment