Thursday, September 1, 2016

It Came! It Finally Came!

The anticipation this week has been intense knowing that at any given day we could receive "the call" in the mail. Everyday I would check with excitement and nothing until one day....IT CAME! 
That big white envelope made its appearance on Thursday Sept. 1st.  As I opened the mailbox and saw the envelope, it took my breathe away and then the tears came. Tears of excitement, fear, worry, anticipation for where he would be called. ALL human emotions came to my eyes in that 30 seconds staring at that big white envelope.  I will admit I had the thought of slowly and carefully heating the glue, opening it and reading where he would be going, but in good conscience I couldn't look him in the eye and know his fate before he did. 
He was out when it arrived so when he came home I couldn't wait to tell him what had come. He was so excited, practically jumping around and wanting to call everyone important in his life to rush over and share in what would be his future for the next 2 years. It was about 7:00pm when this all happened. He realized that at this time of night people were home with their families and probably tired from work.  So as hard as it was he decided it would be better to make the necessary phone calls and invite everyone over the next evening.



1 comment: